As we discussed in previous posts, limiting contact with others (aka, social distancing) is one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of COVID19, protecting our most vulnerable populations and buying time for healthcare systems to care for patients and develop new treatments. So, for the safety of our residents and staff, the Occoquan District Office is moving into virtual mode through March 31. Effective immediately:
- We are not scheduling in-person meetings. All scheduled meetings will be held by phone or rescheduled.
- Staff members will be given the option to telework; expect that the office may not be staffed.
- Please use a temporary number which we are able to route to staff cell phones: 571.492.4259
- You can submit constituent concerns directly to our online portal: occoq.org/help; you will receive an initial response within 1 business day.
- We will continue to monitor email and Facebook, and to provide you with the latest information this and other community news.
Additionally, we will be moving the FY2021 Budget Townhall to a virtual format, on March 19 from 7pm-9pm. There are two ways to participate: Register online https://occoq.org/fy21budgettownhall ahead of time, or call in just prior to the start time at 415.655.0001; access code 734077667. Web users will be able to view the presentation slides and can ask questions using the Q&A portal.
We will continue to keep you updated on this emerging situation, and adding to our COVID19 response page. Thank you for your patience, understanding and flexibility during this time.