Discover events in Occoquan District, with this searchable community calendar. For a comprehensive list of local volunteer opportunities, visit Volunteer PW. You can also find more local happenings at Prince William Living. To see a schedule of Board of County Supervisor meetings or to watch online, click here.
- This event has passed.
Candlelight Vigil & Tribute Service for Fall Officers
October 6, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
A memorial and tribute service – including a candlelight vigil for fallen law enforcement officers who lived, or served, in greater Prince William – will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 7 p.m. in the Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Government Building, 15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Woodbridge 22191.
Sponsored by the Prince William County Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association, this annual event is free and open to the public, who this year are invited to join the law enforcement community in honoring the lives and service of 18 men and women who died in the line of duty. They are:
- Justice of the Peace Thomas Simms Meredith, Prince William County Circuit Court – July 1922
- Trooper Jackie M. Bussard, Virginia State Police – May 1970
- Officer Paul T. White Jr., Prince William County Police – October 1973
- Investigator Claude Everett Seymour, Virginia State Police – April 1975
- Trooper Johnny R. Bowman, Virginia State Police – August 1984
- Sergeant John D. Conner III, Manassas City Police – July 1988
- Officer Phillip M. Pennington, Prince William County Police – November 1990
- Trooper Jose M. Cavazos, Virginia State Police – February 1993
- Special Agent William H. Christian Jr., Federal Bureau of Investigation – May 1995
- Detective John M. Gibson, United States Capitol Police – July 1998
- Officer Marlon E. Morales, Metro Transit Police – June 2001
- Special Agent Robert Martin Roth, Federal Bureau of Investigation – March 2008
- Second Lt. Francis Joseph Stecco, Fairfax County Police – October 2008
- Special Agent Chad L. Michael, Drug Enforcement Administration – October 2009
- Special Agent Forrest N. Leamon, Drug Enforcement Administration – October 2009
- Officer Paul Michael Dittamo, Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police – October 2010
- Officer Chris Yung, Prince William County Police – December 2012
- Officer Ashley M. Guindon, Prince William County Police – February 2016