Discover events in Occoquan District, with this searchable community calendar. For a comprehensive list of local volunteer opportunities, visit Volunteer PW. You can also find more local happenings at Prince William Living. To see a schedule of Board of County Supervisor meetings or to watch online, click here.
- This event has passed.
Community Forum: Building the County’s Brand
April 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
For the last year, our Department of Economic Development (ED) has been providing services, training and relief to local businesses to help them get to the other side of the pandemic and related economic crisis. Now, the ED team is asking you to join them as they look ahead to building our local economy back even better than before during a series of community engagmenent sessions on the County’s brand identity.
The countywide session with Chair Wheeler takes place Wenesday, April 21 from 7 to 8:30 pm. Register here.
As momentum builds towards a return to normalcy, community engagement is a crucial step in identifying neighborhood needs, attracting new visitors and businesses, building the County brand and retaining and recruiting new talent for the County’s diverse workforce.
Each session will include an introduction from the supervisor of that district and staff at the Department of Economic Development, in partnership with the Office of Tourism. Session facilitation will be conducted by Streetsense Consulting, LLC, a strategy and design firm. An online survey will be made available on the County’s website and social media accounts for those who cannot participate in a live session or wish to express additional insights.
Full list of community sessions. Each takes place from 7:00 to 8:30 pm:
- Monday, April 5 – Occoquan District with Supervisor Kenny Boddye [Register]
- Wednesday, April 7 – Coles Distirct with Supervisor Yesli Vega [Register]
- Thursday, April 8 – Gainesville District with Supervisor Pete Candland [Register]
- Monday, April 12 – Brentsville District with Supervisor Jeanine Lawson [Register]
- Wednesday, April 14 – Neabsco District with Supervisor Victor Angry [Register]
- Thursday, April 15 – Potomac District with Supervisor Andrea Bailey [Register]
- Monday, April 19 – Woodbridge District with Supervisor Margaret Franklin [Register]
- Wednesday, April 21 – Countywide with Chair-At-Large Ann Wheeler [Register]