Discover events in Occoquan District, with this searchable community calendar. For a comprehensive list of local volunteer opportunities, visit Volunteer PW. You can also find more local happenings at Prince William Living. To see a schedule of Board of County Supervisor meetings or to watch online, click here.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Town Hall: Vehicle Noise
March 11 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Our office has received numerous calls from residents frustrated by excessive vehicle noise, often accompanied by speeding. This issue is detracting from quiet enjoyment of our homes and safety on our roads. At the same time, state and county code are written in such a way that moving noise violations are difficult to enforce.
Addressing the causes, which includes jake brakes and modified mufflers, will take collaboration from multiple agencies and levels of government. Join Supervisor Boddye and a panel of knowledgeable transportation professionals and state legislators as they discuss:
Curtailing excessive road noise through inspections and enforcement, to include a look at existing challenges
- Changing state and local policy to improve the ability to regulate vehicle noise
- Identifying next steps, including community involvement, needed to address the issue
- Additionally, you are invited to submit questions and share ideas in advance, or during the event. Register and invite a neighbor!
Hosted by Occoquan District Supervisor Kenny Boddye, panelists include:
- Senator Scott Surovell, Virginia’s 36th District
- Delegate Danica Roem, Virginia’s 13th District
- Amy Ashworth, Prince William County Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Virginia State Police, Safety Division
- First Sergeant Ed Petke, Special Operations Bureau/Traffic Unit, Prince William County