Effective April 10th, until further notice:
Landfill and Balls Ford Compost Facility will be closed on Sundays.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Electronics Recycling program has been suspended.
Bulky items and construction debris accepted at the Landfill only, Monday through Friday.
Many haulers have discontinued pick-up of bulky items and trash and recycling not in containers. Please contact your trash and recycling service provider or visit the website for an update on service changes and limits to bulk item pickups, yard waste collection and container only restrictions.
SOLID WASTE FACILITIES USAGE – COVID 19 GUIDANCE
The County Landfill and the Balls Ford Road Compost Facility are both open Monday – Saturday for limited disposal activities. Effective immediately both facilities are closed on Sundays and the Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics program has been suspended until further notice. Customers are limited to essential trips and must also practice social distancing.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure social distancing to protect customers and employees from the spread of disease:
Limit trips to one per week to dispose of bagged household garbage and recycling only.
- Construction debris and bulky items will not be accepted on Saturdays.
- Take care of your disposal quickly but use caution when driving through the convenience center and facility property.
- Bring someone to assist you with unloading, if needed, because staff have been restricted from this activity.
Other service notes:
- Bulky items and construction debris will be accepted at the Landfill only, Monday through Friday, not Balls Ford Road, Customers will be directed to a disposal area at the workface. (The County is not responsible for vehicle damage).
- Yard waste and brush disposal at the landfill will be directed to the yard waste area.
- Yard waste and brush disposal at the Balls Ford Road is limited. Large pickup truck loads and trailers must be brought to the landfill.
- Avoid Saturday visits, especially between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., if possible.
- Have your Driver’s License ready to display unless you have a solid waste decal.
- No cash or check payments: credit or debit card only.
- Donation Center and donation bins are no longer available at our sites. Visit our website for alternative donation locations.
- Rural Saturday collections at Nokesville School and Evergreen Fire Station will remain open. Customers must place materials directly into trucks.
- Apply for a free Solid Waste decal to make entrance to the facility easier and quicker. Information available at www.pwcgov.org/trashandrecycling under the Rules and Regulations section.
For more information about Prince William County and coronavirus COVID-19, and the current status of County facilities, please visit www.pwcgov.org/emergency.