In an effort to provide ongoing information regarding COVID-19, Prince William County is offering several new tools that residents can now access.
The county’s new COVID-19 website – available at pwcgov.org/COVID19 – is much easier to navigate and is the main source of information regarding the county’s response to the pandemic. For those who have their browser set to a different language, the site uses Google Translate to automatically display content in that language.
The county has also instituted an SMS text alert system for COVID-19. If you are interested in receiving updates from Prince William County via text for COVID-19, please text COVIDPWC to 888777 for English or COVIDPWCES to 888777 for Spanish.
For health questions regarding COVID-19, residents may call the Prince William Health District call center at 703-872-7759, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. For all other calls regarding county operations, residents may call the county’s Information Line at 703-794-4660, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
As the number of cases in Prince William County increases, the Health District recommends the following to help flatten the curve and slow the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water format least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based sanitizer only if soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Immediately throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces.
- Practice social distancing by staying six feet or more away from others.
- If you are mildly sick with a fever, stay home unless you need medical care. Call your healthcare provider prior to going to their office.
- Avoid non-essential travel and public gatherings, particularly if you have chronic medical conditions at any age, pregnant or are elderly.
- Call your healthcare provider if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying condition or if you develop a fever, new or worsening cough.