As recovery efforts from this week’s snowstorm continue, our office remains in contact with representatives from Dominion Power, VDOT, and Prince William County Emergency Management. We will continue to address constituent concerns with these agencies and to share updates as we have them. We have put together a few updates:
- During our call with Dominion officials, we were told that most homes will have power restored by this evening, and all will be back online by tomorrow. (Report or view outages online.)
- With plows now able to redirect from rescue efforts on I-95, most county roads have been cleared, and we continue to notify VDOT of state-owned roads that still need plowing. Contact VDOT at 1-800-367-7623 or online to report roads blocked by down trees, unplowed roads, etc. If your road is privately owned, please contact your HOA directly.
- Road conditions vary throughout the County, and more refreezing is expected tonight. Check Virginia 511 for the latest on traffic and road conditions, and drive with caution.
- The County is operating two warming centers on Wednesday, Jan. 5, open until 5 PM. Both have heat, restrooms, and power to charge devices: Buckhall Volunteer Fire Department – 7190 Yates Ford Road, Manassas and Town of Dumfries Community Center – 17755 Main Street, Dumfries. The need for these is being evaluated daily; check online for the latest information.
- Prince William County Government is open, but some services may be impacted by staff availability. While all services are available by phone and online, please call ahead before coming to County facilities. The Judicial Center and Solid Waste facilities are open and fully operational.
- Prince William Public Libraries are open from 12-5 PM today, Jan. 5. Curbside Pickup and U.S. Passport Services will not be available.
- The Sharon Baucom Dale City Recreation Center and Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center are open; preschool programs are canceled. All other Parks & Rec facilities will remain closed until conditions will allow safe reopening.
- Prince William Health District “Community Vaccination Center” at the former Gander Mountain site is open for first and second doses as well as booster shots.
Click here for the latest information on Prince William County facility opening times and emergency services. More inclement weather is forecasted for later this week; here are additional resources residents can use to stay safe and seek assistance:
- Status of plow trucks in real-time: https://www.vdotplows.org/
- VDOT-related emergency updates, including in advance of storms: https://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow_emergency_pages/nova_emergency.asp
- Resources for any snow event: https://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp
- Tips to Prepare for Winter Weather: https://www.ready.gov/winter-weather
Thank you to all of the road and utility crews, medical professionals, and first responders who have been working overtime to get our community safely through these last few days. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!