Our honorary Constituent Services Specialist, River, is happy to report that early voting, including curbside, is going smoothly and relatively quickly around the County, and encourages residents to take advantage of this alternative to voting on Nov. 3. Staggering voter turnout over a period of days will mean shorter waits, which is better for peace of mind and COVID-19 protocols. She shared a few other notes:
- This Saturday, Oct. 31, is the last day for early voting in Virginia (see locations and hours; McCoart is operating as a drive-through voting location during early voting)
- You will also be voting on two referendums, on redistricting and vehicle taxes for veterans; learn more
- For expediency sake, Consider bringing your mail-in ballot to a drop-box at any early voting location if you have not already mailed it. In Prince William, boxes are secured by poll workers who will provide you with a tracking receipt. You can find them at all early voting locations through Oct. 31, and at your polling place on Nov. 3.
- If voting in-person or curbside, have your ID ready (see acceptable forms of ID)
- Wear a mask, and if voting in-person, social distance; our poll workers greatly appreciate your consideration of their health