The Department of Development Services Inspections Office announced that Construction Inspectors will return to conducting in-person field inspection on Monday, June 7, 2021, which ends the self-certification inspection program put in place during COVID-19.
Customers may expect the following changes in inspection services, which take into account Executive Order 79 guidance regarding COVID-19 social distancing and capacity restrictions.
- Construction Inspectors will continue to call the contact pers
on indicated on the inspection request through the end of June 2021. Please be available between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. for your call.
- All self-certification inspections will cease as of June 7. However, the certification will continue to be accepted through the end of June 2021.
- The County assumes all employees and members of the public who are not wearing masks, are complying with CDC guidelines.
- Employees who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask.
- Employees who are not fully vaccinated are expected and required to continue to wear masks, consistent with CDC guidelines.
- Beginning July 1, all inspection times and inspection orders will be available through ePortal, the customers’ self-service portal that allows access to permits, inspections, plans, requests, and code enforcement.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we work through this transition period. If you have any questions, please call the Inspections Office at (703) 792-7006 or email: BDDInspections@pwcgov.org. For more information log onto the new Development Services homepage at www.pwcva.gov.