The County Landfill and the Balls Ford Compost Facility are both open. However, we have instructed our employees to practice social distancing and stay 6 feet away from customers, so unloading assistance is restricted. We also request customers practice social distancing from each other. This can be a challenge on weekends, so we are offering these guidelines to implement social distancing and help protect customers:
• Limit trips to bringing household waste only. We request residents refrain from bringing brush, yard debris, construction debris and bulky items at this time.
• Avoid weekend visits, especially the hours between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. if possible.
• Limit trips to one per week.
• Have your Driver’s License ready to display unless you have decal.
• Apply for a free Solid Waste decal. Information available at www.pwcgov.org/
• Take care of your disposal quickly, but use caution when driving through the convenience center and facility property.
• Bring someone to assist you with unloading, if needed, because staff have been restricted from this activity.
Other service notes:
Donation Center and donation bins are no longer available at our sites. Visit our website for alternative donation locations.
Due to construction at the Balls Ford Road Compost facility, all commercial loads must be taken to the landfill. Residents bringing items in trailers larger than 4 feet by 8 feet must also use the landfill.
Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling is available at the landfill Wednesdays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Recycling Trailer located in Quantico is not available.
For more information about Prince William County and coronavirus COVID-19, and the current status of County facilities, please visit www.pwcgov.org/emergency.
For more information about Solid Waste services and programs visit our webpages www.pwcgov.org/