The Department of Economic Development is excited to announce two new programs designed to help Prince William County businesses adapt to the challenges caused by COVID-19 pandemic.
We recognize that it has not only been difficult, but costly for our business community to implement the new standards for public health and safety in order to operate a business today. Prince William County has developed these grant programs to invest in our economy and assist in making our businesses more resilient to acclimate to changing business environment.
Help us spread the word and share this information with your colleagues so we can provided assistance where it is needed.
On Monday, August 10, we will begin accepting applications for the Capital Investment and Innovation Grant and the Construction and Renovation Permit Rebate programs. You can read more about the two programs below or by visiting www.princewilliamcounty.biz.
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to contact:
Jeff Green: email@example.com or 703-792-5516
Tom Flynn: firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-792-5517
CAPITAL INVESTMENT AND INNOVATION GRANT
Grants of up to $200,000 are available for businesses and building owners that make physical improvements or innovate a business model to continue to serve customers and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications must be received by October 30, 2020.
Awardees will be reimbursed up to 50% of costs of physical improvements, including any soft costs such as design and consulting services. Grants may be awarded retroactively to any improvements made since April 1, 2020. Work must be completed by December 1, 2020.
Examples of investments and innovation:
- Curbside pickup operations
- HVAC Improvements
- Shields or barriers at retail counters
- Technology investments, such as laptops, web conferencing or other tools to help staff work remotely
- Consultant costs incurred in making changes to your business to address COVID-19
- Outdoor dining
- Physical location in Prince William County
- Must be in business for at least 2 years
- Current on taxes and have a Prince William County Business license, if applicable
- Franchises must have their corporate headquarters in Prince William County
CONSTRUCTION AND RENOVATION PERMIT REBATE
Rebates of up to $2,000 for permitting fees for any upfit renovations and new construction projects.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through June 30, 2021 (as long as funds remain).
- Projects must be less than 100,000 square feet in size
- Tenant Layout, Alteration and Repair, and New Construction Permits
- Commercial Real Estate Projects Only